Financial Professions

There are many professions that deal with financial affairs, such as accountants, banks, mortgage brokers and insurance companies. Many of these professions have established bodies that perform a regulatory function. If you have a problem with the service you have received from a provider of financial services you should complain to the company involved first and then to the appropriate regulator. The Financial Services Ombudsman incorporates the work of a number of former regulators and deals with complaints relating to most financial services including banks, building societies and insurance providers.

Contact details for regulators:

The Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
London E14 9S
Tel: 0845 080 1800

Ombudsman for Estate Agents
Beckett House
4 Bridge Street
Salisbury SP1 1YO
Tel: 01722 333 306

Pensions Ombudsman
11 Belgrave Road
London SW1V 1RB
Tel: 0207 834 9144

kitsiteLottery Funded